Wednesday, June 22, 2011

drum roll please!

We met with Birth Mom, her attorney and the county social worker today after their visit.

SHE ASKED US TO ADOPT Little Man!!!!! So officially she is giving up her rights to reunification services and designating us as the people she wants to adopt her child!!! Court will be scheduled for next week so they can make that part official. Then the 26 hearing for termination of parental rights. Noticing to 2 other potential fathers to come forward for testing. All in all a finalized adoption takes time, but we are well on our way!!!

She said she wanted him to have a good home and can see how bonded he is to us. She wanted to tell us herself. The first thing I said is "are you sure?" then Yes of course and Thank You was in there too. I can hardly believe it. I feel emotionally exhausted. Still there are many questions and details about continued contact for us to discuss. Visits are being decreased right away, so less disruption to LM's schedule.

It is no longer a fantasy - our LM is not going anywhere :o).  

OMG I just found this fortune on my desk - "Your dream will come true when you least expect it."  Wow.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW is right!! What amazing news!!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

What wonderful news! I am so happy that the birth mother came to her senses.

Glass Case of Emotion said...

I've been readiing along for awhile (future adoptive mom) and I wanted to say, Congrats!!!

Kelly said...

What AMAZING news! Congratulations to all of you! What a special day for all of you!

KC said...

This is the best news I have heard all week!!!!

Logical Libby said...

I have read this post three times now. Each times I get chills. I am so happy for you, LM, and the birth mom. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful family.