Monday, September 20, 2010

I lied

Ya'll probably saw right through it. I have not completed all the projects/tasks that I have wanted to finish before we get our child placed. I just feel like a cheesy whiney pity party right now.

Uhmmmm so, the other stuff I do besides whine and pout and complain about being well paid to do virtually nothing is to be CRAFTY. So I think I'll focus on that for a while, sound good people? I have been getting a little sick of myself.

Hard part is focusing long enough to complete a craft.

Here's a picture of a little shrine I made after one of my early miscarriages.
So in this little box we have a pear in the background and a shrinky dink baby hanging by a read thread. Written around the outside is a quote from Kurt Vonnegut. "I wanted all things to seem to make some sense, so we could all be happy, yes, instead of tense. And I made up lies, so they all fit nice, and I made this sad world a paradise."     
Here is a rare occaision to chime in - what project should I take on next?
A) Getting "Toe Sock Chicken" into production for my Etsy Store?
B) Scrapbooking our remodeling project that was mostly done 2 years ago?
C) OR finally refinishing the 1800s style school desk that is in pieces in the garage?
D) None of the above.

Happy ICLW everyone - looking forward to lots of good reading this week!

13 comments:

Laurie said...

Ah, Shrinky Dinks. Love them! The piece is really very beautiful and touching. I'm sorry for your loss.

I'd refinish that 1800's style desk. I bet it will turn out really amazing!

Happy ICLW!

Grace said...

happy iclw! thanks for stopping by! :)
i would love to see refinished desk!

Anonymous said...

Wow - you've been very crafty lately! :) I think the scrapbooking would be nice to finish up.

ICLW #115
http://lovelyladybump.blogspot.com/

Persistently Patient....Stories from my Infertial Journal said...

I vote for the refinishing. This way you will get something out of your garage. =0)

Jana said...

Refinish the school desk. I bet it would look so cool.
thanks for stopping by my blog.

I hope you are able to adopt a child soon.

Jenna said...

I vote with option C.

And I've never used shrinky dinks but they always seem so neat.

Sarah said...

that is a beautiful tribute!!

okay those Toe Sock Chickens are very cute!! I would work on that, this way you can make some money while crafting!!

Happy ICLW
#100

Suzy said...

definitely the desk :)

Angie said...

Hmm....they all sound like fun. I'd scrapbook. Unless the project was stressful and will cause old feelings of tension to resurface, which case I'd vote for the refinishing project.

Happy ICLW ~#42

Heather said...

Stopping by from ICLW. I'm sorry for your loss. I love the box. You are so talented. I'd love to see what you do to the desk.

Take care.

Hope said...

I vote for the desk, too. I'm a big fan of antiques, and I love the 19th Century in general.

Happy ICLW!

Kristin said...

What a beautiful tribute to your lost little one.

I vote for the desk too!

~ICLW $18

KAM said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
~ICLW